- Must be majoring in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field of study with a preference given to students pursuing studies in areas of interest to the energy industry.
- A legal resident of the state of Wyoming, with a preference given to students from Carbon and Sweetwater Counties.
- A current high school senior planning to enroll full-time at the University of Wyoming, any Wyoming community college or the Colorado School of Mines in the fall of 2021.
A first-year freshman currently enrolled as a full-time student at the University of Wyoming, any Wyoming community college or the Colorado School of Mines in the fall of 2021.
All applications must be submitted by March 15, 2021
All applicants must submit an official high school transcript. College freshmen currently enrolled at an eligible school (see eligibility) must also submit an official college transcript. (we accept electronic transcripts from services like Credentials Solutions and Parchment which should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applicants will be required to upload a 500 – 750 word personal statement addressing all of the following questions:
- What have been the most important education experiences to-date that have prepared you for continued success in college?
- What has motivated you to major in a STEM field?
- How do you intend to apply your education within the energy industry upon your college graduation?
- Why should you be considered for a BPX Energy Scholarship?
Awards will be based on the information provided on the application, the personal statement, academic performance, extracurricular activities, work experience, individual goals and applicant's demonstrated interest in the energy industry.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by a process developed by Charitable Management Systems, Inc. based on the stated selection criteria. All applicants will be notified by the end of March.